Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas Run

Here are a few pics from the Christmas Run on Saturday. It was superly cold. I helped my friend (and fellow counselor) Tamra train for it and we had a great time. Below we are posing with her daughter Bella, one of the coolest girls I know.
In case you were wondering, I'm not wearing a cape; it's just a poorly arranged scarf.


I love this woman for having the courage to put a troll/elf in a portable little backpack. And then run a road race. I was laughing and running and trying to capture the shot so it's a bit of a Christmas miracle that I even got it. I kept wondering if she stole it from a neighbor's yard as a tricky little joke, or if she thought she could pass it off as one of Santa's little helpers, or if it was her quirky water bottle. Doesn't matter; it was great.

The final stretch to the finish...Bella won the race against her mom, but Tamra kicked butt--this was her first road race ever and I was very very proud of her!!!

4 comments:

Maureen said...

teehehehehe, don't even fib Ang--you are TOTALLY wearing a cape!!!
:)

The Diddles said...

Love the cape! You crack me up! Great post! I will post pics after tonight's sweater party!

Sharon Thompson said...

Oh, the lady with the backpack...what was she thinking? I would have taken a picture too! Glad you all had fun. That does look like a cape!

Jack and Julie said...

Man, I was going to give you kudos for wearing a cape.